When the networking environment of your charging pile using the OCPP protocol changes,
are you worried that the existing hardware of the charging pile does not support the change in networking method?
When you want to replace your charging pile with a lower-cost networking method,
but the networking module of the charging pile has a single function, do you feel helpless?
OCPP is the abbreviation of Open Charge Point Protocol. It is an open charging point communication protocol for electric vehicle charging equipment (charging piles or charging stations) and electric vehicle management systems (such as charging network operators or charging station operators). ) communication between.
OCPP defines a set of specifications for establishing a communication protocol between charging equipment and electric vehicle management systems.
It achieves the following functions:
Start and stop charging: Allow the electric vehicle management system to send commands to the charging equipment to start or stop the charging process of the electric vehicle.
Real-time status monitoring: Allows the electric vehicle management system to obtain real-time status information of charging equipment, including current, voltage, charging speed, etc.
Remote control: Through remote commands, operations such as remote restart and firmware update of the charging device can be performed.
Billing and data collection: OCPP also supports billing and data collection related to electric vehicle charging for bill generation, power tracking, and other functions.
The standard version of OCPP is continuously updated to adapt to the needs of the evolving electric vehicle charging industry. The standardization of this protocol helps promote the interoperability and scalability of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, thereby supporting the popularity of electric vehicles.
In order to solve the networking problem, Bluesky put the circuit boards of the original three communication interfaces on one circuit board, thus solving the customer’s networking problems.
The following are the features of the three-in-one board:
1. The protocol is standardized and has high applicability
The Bluesky OCPP three-in-one board is equipped with a program that uses the standardized OCPP protocol and can flexibly adapt to the platform that needs to be connected. The three-in-one board integrates three types of networking: Ethernet, WiFi, and 2G. Without changing the hardware, you can choose one of these three networking methods to flexibly switch the networking method.
2. Flexible switching
When your charging pile needs to change the networking method, you don’t need to go through a lot of trouble to rewire it,
nor do you need to expend energy to replace the networking module. You only need to adjust the dialing sequence on the three-in-one board,
and the charging pile can be easily connected. Changes in networking methods.
3. What are the advantages of Bluesky’s three-in-one board?
1) No external power supply required: This version of the three-in-one board requires a 12V power supply. In daily use,
it is connected to the DTU port on the motherboard, which not only meets the power supply needs but also realizes message transmission.
2) No need to repeatedly configure the network: you need to set up the background of the pile before use,
and the three-in-one board will send a connection request to the set path.
3) Convenient to print logs: There are two log printing ports on the three-in-one board, which supports the use of TTL tools for log printing.
The log printing port of the three-in-one board allows you to view the logs sent and received by the current three-in-one board. During development and testing,
if you encounter a situation where you cannot connect to the Internet,
checking the logs can help us determine and locate the problem. The ESP32 log printing port can print out the messages sent and received by the ESP32.
4. The simple display of the networking process
1) Take the Bluesky AC charging pile as an example: Set the path of the server to be connected (you can choose to enter the IP address or domain name).
2) Set the networking mode for the three-in-one board. In Ethernet mode, you need to plug in the network cable. In WiFi mode, you need to set the SSID and password. In 2G mode, you need to insert a card that supports 2G into the card slot.
3) Connect the three-in-one board to the main board of the AC EV changing. When the icon of successful networking appears on the screen, the networking is successful.