In today’s era of increasingly popular electric vehicles, the role of charging stations has become increasingly prominent. However,
how to scientifically EV Charging station layout so that the construction cost of charging stations is lower,
charging efficiency is higher, return on investment is faster and consumers’ needs are met, which is a question worth exploring.
This article will focus on charging station construction planning and discuss how to establish a scientific and economical EV Charging station layout construction system.
Based on the market research results, we need to formulate a detailed charging station construction plan. First of all, it is necessary to select a reasonable location to ensure that the charging station covers the target customer group. Secondly, equipment must be selected carefully to ensure reliable performance and safe use. At the same time, the arrangement of the service process also needs to be considered to provide efficient and convenient charging services.
In terms of marketing, we need to formulate marketing strategies suitable for the local market based on market positioning and consumer needs. First of all, it is necessary to establish a brand image and create a charging station that consumers trust; secondly, it is necessary to carry out promotional activities to attract more consumers; in addition, it is also possible to expand brand awareness through social media marketing.
EV Charging station layout
Fund planning: A clear fund budget is required.
Power planning: It is necessary to clarify the location of high-voltage access points and the capacity of transformers.
Charging speed planning: The power of the charging pile needs to be clarified.
Site utilization planning: It is necessary to clarify the number of charging parking spaces and the location of vehicle entrances and exits
Standard reference for matching the transformer capacity and the total power of the charging pile
In principle, the total power of all charging piles can exceed the capacity of the transformer within 5%. For example: an 800KVA box-type transformer can be connected to 7 120kw charging piles, and there is no problem in practice.
Different regions have different matching requirements for transformer capacity and total power of charging piles, which need to be matched according to local conditions.
References to other relevant standards
1. The length and width of a small parking space: are generally 5.5 meters * 2.5 meters. The basic position of the charging pile also needs to be considered. The width of the single-lane turning lane is not less than 3.5 meters, and the width of the double-lane is not less than 6 meters.
2. The foundation of the integrated charging pile is about 0.9 meters * 1 meter (depth * width).
3. The integrated charging pile is 0.7 meters * 0.8 meters (depth * width). There are three doors on the left, right, and front, so 0.8 meters of space should be reserved for the front door and 0.5 meters of space for the left and right doors to facilitate maintenance.
4. The base of the group charging dual gun terminal is 0.5 meters * 0.96 meters (depth * width)
5. The group charging dual-gun terminal is 0.3 meters * 0.76 meters (depth * width), and the front door opens, so a 0.6-meter space needs to be reserved at the front door for maintenance.
6. The base of the rectifier cabinet (within 480kw) is 1.23 meters * 1.9 meters (depth * width).
7. The rectifier cabinet is 1.03 meters * 1.7 meters (depth * width), with front and rear doors opening, so 1 meter of space needs to be reserved for the front and rear doors for inspection and maintenance.
8. The foundation of a 1000KVA box transformer is about 4.8 meters * 3 meters; the foundation of an 800KVA box transformer is about 4.4 meters * 2.8 meters; the foundation of a 630KVA box transformer is about 3.8 meters * 3 meters; a 0.8-meter space needs to be reserved around it for maintenance. Note: Common box transformer capacities are 1250KVA and 1600KVA, but approval is difficult.
9. 120kw charging pile cable specification reference: YJV-0.6/1kV-3*95+2*50mm2;
160kw, 180kw charging pile cable specification reference: YJV-0.6/1kV-3*120+2*50mm2;
480kw group charging cable reference: YJV-0.6/1kV-3*240+2*120mm2 *2 cables
360kw group charging cable reference: YJV-0.6/1kV-3*185+2*95mm2 *2 pieces
Double gun terminal cable reference: YJV-0.6/1kV-4*95+1*50mm2
Single gun terminal cable reference: YJV-0.6/1kV-2*95+1*50mm2
Position standard reference
When determining the location of the box-type transformer, the location of the high-voltage access point and the location of the charging pile should be considered. The closer they are, the better. In addition, the routing of high-voltage cables and low-voltage cables should also be considered.
When determining the location of the vehicle, the vehicle’s convenient entry and exit should be considered, as well as the reserved location for charging piles. When site conditions permit, try to adopt a back-to-back parking space layout, with the charging pile foundation and cable trench integrated into the middle to reduce construction and cable costs. As shown below:
In short, charging station construction planning needs to consider many factors, including but not limited to transportation convenience, power supply, charging demand, safety factors, environmental factors, economic factors, and urban planning. At the same time, it is necessary to pay attention to factors such as the size and type of charging stations, the performance and quality of charging piles, charging prices, management and maintenance, and sustainable development, in order to better support the development of the electric vehicle industry.
AC EV charger
DC fast EV charger