The development of EV charging future is immeasurable, let’s analyze it together below.
With the increasing number of electric cars, the concept of EV chargers has gradually entered the public’s vision. So many people, companies, and even the government just entered this new area.
Although the EV industry is developing, some problems and troubles also occurred to prevent this trend. From the government, station operators, personal users, and so on.
From all these points of view, the rate of EV charger utilization is still low. Even if there are so many projects and callings for EV chargers, the achievement of the goal still has a long way to go.
At present, the charging pile industry has gradually entered a profitable period. Therefore, how to link “EV charger” to “profitability”?
Some Aspects of the Current Situation
Speaking of the utilization rate of EV chargers, there are two main aspects: the low utilization rate of public EV chargers and the low utilization rate of private EV chargers. According to the research, both of these two aspects are relatively low.
Considering that not all car owners have the conditions to install EV chargers. According to data from our research, the current proportion of private EV chargers is not high, and more than 30% of users do not have EV chargers. The main reasons are uncooperative property management, lack of fixed parking spaces, and so on. The current utilization rate of private charging piles is only 30%, which means that they are idle nearly 70% of the time. The main reasons are listed below:
- With the improvement in battery life, many electric vehicles now have a battery life of nearly 400 kilometers. For daily travel, they can be charged 2-3 times a week on average;
- Since many users need to go to work during the day more charging will be done at night.
There are three main reasons for the low utilization rate of public charging piles:
- At present, the overall number of new energy vehicles is relatively low, that is, the real charging demand is not as large as we imagined.
- Convenience issues at public charging stations have resulted in many new energy vehicle owners being reluctant to go to charge.
- The proportion of fast charging piles is low, and charging spaces are occupied by fuel vehicles, etc., resulting in a poor charging experience.
EV charging future
Interconnection improves single-pile utilization
Through more and more interconnection between EV chargers, electric cars, and stations, the rate of utilization also grows faster and faster.
In the new energy-related sectors, all information will be interconnected in the future.
The trend of EV chargers will move from EV chargers themselves to the network of the whole EV industry.
With the rapid development of EV charging systems, the charging system is gradually becoming intelligent.
Once we drive on the road, we will see EV charging stations on street corners everywhere. Almost every charging station, has a system that helps the operators with the charging process. Therefore, people can choose to charge at the most profitable time, saving energy and charging costs…
This is exactly what we call “intelligentialize”.